Monday, June 13, 2005

From a Reader...

Why the hell do girls at NY law firms piss on the toilet seat?!

Maybe this seems a bit forward to send, afterall, we've never met. But this question is driving me crazy. I mean, seriously, I understand if it's 2:00AM and you're drunk, and you're hanging out at Siberia down at the Port Authority and you really have to pee, and the toilet seat is gross, so you hover and because you're drunk you get a little pee here, a little there, and because you're drunk you don't wipe it up...But who pisses on a toilet set at a posh New York firm? Who, for that matter, hovers at a posh New York firm? What are they afraid of? Are they afraid that their precious Manhattan heinies will touch a toilet seat that has previously been touched by a Brooklyn paralegal, or worse, a Secretary from Long Island?

If I had to guess, I would say that it is some insecure female attorney's bizarre way to mark her territory and let the clerks know who is boss.