Wednesday, July 26, 2006

The Bar is Over...

...and now all I'm left with is the thought, 'Did I get 60% of the questions right needed to pass?'

Actually, I've found the best way to reassure yourself is to remember that only 20% of people fail. The trick is to count that 20% out and realize you're not one of them.

Here are my calculations based on my classroom of 50 bar exam takers:

* 5 people sweating freakishly who's skin broke out during the 6 hour test. I'll assume they freaked out and failed. That's 10%
* Two people didn't show up, and are counted as fails. That's 4%
* One girl's phone went off and got kicked out and counted as a fail. Another 2%.
* Guy with a ponytail obviously has very poor judgment which I'm sure will be reflected on the bar. Another 2%.
* Southerner who I'm sure will miss all the cosanguinity questions on the Family Law portion. We'll give him 50/50 odds so that's 1%.
* Idiot, who after hearing the instructions that he was to have nothing in front of him except pencils and his ID, asked "My wallet's in my pocket. Is that OK?"...Wait a minute, that was me.