Monday, October 24, 2005

Random Rant #2

You know what really grinds my gears? People who don't buy parking passes and then complain about their parking situations. Now, I don't know how it is at your school, but here, the law school parking lot is cheap, spaces are plentiful, and the lot is right across the street from the school. It is an ideal parking situation. Yet there are people who refuse, for one reason or another, to buy a pass.

If someone decides not to buy a parking pass, that is certainly their right. But in choosing not to do so, they forfeit their right to complain that they had to park six blocks away and walk in the rain. It is sort of like the person who doesn't buy a book for a class...They can't get upset if the professor makes them look like an idiot.

The one thing I don't understand is why someone wouldn't buy one to begin with. The lot is brand new, there are plenty of spaces, and it's so close. And the best part? It's only $120 for the YEAR. That, my friends, is a bargain. Let me break that down: There are 15 weeks in the semester, so 3o total weeks of classes. Assuming you go to class five days a week (and at my school, you probably do, because someone apparently forgot to give whoever makes the class schedules the memo that no core upper level classes should ever meet on Friday), that $120 parking pass comes out to $4 a week, or a whopping $.80 per day. That is nothing, just buy the freaking pass or stop complaining!

Sorry, I had to get that off my chest.