Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Random Rant

You know what I hate? The following scenario: You are in a class that meets, lets say, Monday and Wednesday. At the end of class on Monday, the professor says something to the effect of "Okay, we will pick up here tommorrow". Inevitably, at least a half-dozen people in the class will panic and say "You mean Wednesday", or "Wednesday?", or mumble about the next class meeting. The professor, slightly annoyed, will laugh it off and say, "Yes, I meant Wednesday".

What the hell is wrong with these people? We have been in class for eight weeks, you should know that class meets Monday and Wednesday. More importantly, why do they do this? Is it some way to stick it to the professor? Or are they that dumb that they can't logically comprehend that by 'tommorrow' the professor means 'the next class meeting'? Aren't law students supposed to have superior logics? Apparently not. Just once, I would love it if the professor went off on these idiots, saying, "Oh come on, you do this every week. You know our next class is Wednesday. I know our next class is Wednesday. Use your brains, you morons!"

There, I had to get that off my chest.