Friday, April 08, 2005

BigLaw Hiring Partner on Halloween

Scene: Halloween at the front door of a BigLaw Hiring Partner's house

Kids: Trick or Treat!

Partner: (Opens door) Look at all the kids in their scary costumes. Very nice! Well let me get a good look at all of you. Hmmm. Well, we loved having you over, but right now our Hallowe'en needs have been met, best of luck with the rest of the block.

Kid: Don't we get any candy?

Partner: Well, Halloween services should have provided you guys with a sheet of information that let you know we'd only be giving candy to the cutest 10% of kids in this neighborhood. Frankly, I don't see any dimples or pig tails on any of you kids.

Kid: Do you get any candy?

Partner: Well, of course I do! I was the cutest kid on my block in a much more attractive neighborhood than this. Now, run along you little ragamuffins.

(Kids Shuffle off)

Partner: Hey, you. You, with the cross-eyes, wearing the flour sack

(Poorly dressed, cross-eyed kid turns with excitement)

Partner: I don't think there is a public defender on this block so you might as well just go home.