Tuesday, March 28, 2006

George

I was recently talking with a perpetually single female friend of mine, when she suddenly blurted out, "I hope one day I can find my George."

"What are you even talking about?" I asked.

"You know, the guy from Grey's Anatomy," she replied.

"That's like the tenth time I heard some girl say that. There are tons of Georges out there, except in real life, George actually looks like George Wendt. You see some nice, sweet, caring guy on TV and think he's just perfect for you. In reality, you see some attractive doctor with floppy hair and dimples, and doesn't act like a total ass like all the other men on that show, and get all gaga over him. Guess what? The George you want doesn't exist."

Undeterred by my little speech, my friend said, "That may be true, but I wouldn't mind having Doctor McDreamy either."

I relayed this story to Russ, who said, "Knowing her, she'll have to settle for Plumber McSleazy."