Thursday, March 23, 2006

To the driver...

...who decided to unexpectedly slam on your brakes while traveling at 40 miles per hour, forcing me to slam on my brakes and nearly skid into you: I know your intentions were good. I am sure you were just trying to be a good driver and obey the rules of the road. And yes, I know that you are supposed to pull over and yield to emergency vehicles. But I am fairly certain that when you are traveling in the northbound lane, you don’t have to pull over and yield to an emergency vehicle traveling in the southbound lane when the lanes are divided by a ten foot wide raised median, filled with trees and shrubs and flowerbeds. You see, that large, plant-infested median would make it quite difficult for the fire truck to cross over into your lane, necessitating you to yield. Please be more aware next time.

Thankful to be alive,

Mike