Thursday, May 18, 2006

Don Juan

While I've implied (or said outright) several times that women in law school are often single and looking, I'm well aware that their single male counterparts give those women good reason to stay single.

Law students are nerds. At least female nerds are redeemable. Every teen movie has shown us that a girl nerd can take her glasses off, let her hair fall to her shoulders and she will metamorphize into a quiet beauty. Guy nerds, however, are just a nerds with worse vision without their glasses.

Anyways, I recalled an encounter with one of these single male law students during my 1L orientation. We were all at a bar, and he was telling me how his "single days were over" and how he was "ready to settle down now that he was in graduate school."

I sat there and nodded but I wanted to give him two pieces of advice based on my very brief observations after knowing him all of 15 minutes.

# 1 If you want to get a girlfriend, don't wear a polo shirt and jean shorts to the bar.

# 2 Failing that, untuck your polo from your jean shorts when at the bar.