Wednesday, February 15, 2006

A journal of my thoughts from my morning class

9:32 I wish I sat next to someone who would appreciate this. Walking in today, I saw a girl that looked just like Kimmy Gibbler from Full House. Is it just me, or is that really funny? If someone told her she looked like Kimmy Gibbler, would she be offended?

9:37 You know what I hate? When I have ESPN on in the background, and I happen to catch a college basketball score on the bottom line, and I’m like “Holy shit, Rutgers beat Villanova?!?!” and then I realize it’s a women’s score. Note to ESPN: Just because you bought the rights to women’s college basketball doesn’t mean anyone cares about it.

9:41 Why do we need Latin phrases in the law? Would it really be that hard to phase them out? Why can’t a private meeting with the judge be “in the chambers” instead of in camera?

9:45 I was watching the Olympics last night, and talking to my girlfriend. I said something about how all the male figure skaters are gay, and she disagreed. I challenged her to point out one who didn’t give off a huge gay vibe, and she couldn’t. Then the guy came out in a tight fitting matador suit, and I rested my case.

9:54 What is the point of dissenting opinions, seriously? They remind me of letters to the editor in a small town newspaper. No one cares about their opinion, but they are just so gosh darn mad they just have to tell someone, so they write it up, although no one will ever really read it.

10:02 Speaking of the Olympics, is there any talent needed to be a luger other than the ability to lay down, some balls, and ownership of a luge?

10:04 I just thought of a great way to make dissenting opinions more interesting. They should all be written like a bad stand-up act.

Scalia: What's the deal with the majority? I read this thing and all I could think was where did these people go to law school? It reads like they barely graduated from high school! Am I right, Thomas?

Thomas: Hiyo!

10:10 It’s been three days and I am already sick of the Cheney jokes. Okay, he shot someone. Big deal, do you honestly think this is the first time he’s shot someone? I wouldn’t be surprised if he has children chained up in his basement. So let’s stop making a big deal out of this. Besides, he shot a lawyer. I applaud him.

10:12 This professor just called on my and told me that he needs to get as much from me as he can when I actually am here. I agreed, and told him he should get his money's worth when I'm here. The jig is up.

10:14 I think my #1 pet peeve is people who turn off the IM feature that says when they are typing. I want to know if I am being responded too, damnit!

10:18 It occurs to me that this post may sound like one of those Larry King News and Views columns. In that case, let me say this: For my money, there is no better tea than green chai tea.

10:19 I just checked out the actress who played Kimmy Gibbler’s IMDB page. I think it’s safe to say that she got out of acting because she was being type-cast as a quirky, annoying, stinky-footed best friend. Class is almost over; I am now going to count backwards from 60 in my head to pass the final minute. Take it easy.