Thursday, February 23, 2006

Recent Exchange

Mike: Today I found out that The National Jurist put my post about paper passing is the latest issue.

Russ: They did? Did they at least attribute you?

Mike: Apparently, so no big deal.

Russ: Yeah, but still, don't they know it's copyrighted?

Mike: I would hope so, since it's a magazine called National Jurist. If the staff of any magazine would understand copyright laws, I'd think it would be one with the word "jurist" in the title.

Russ: Maybe they are avid readers of the blog and know you aren't taking the bar. They probably sat around discussing whether or not to use it, and finally said "What is he going to do, sue us?" Or maybe they figured that they have a nation of of jurists at their disposal, so they can just take what they want.

Mike: Maybe so. But I don't really mind, they attributed me and gave us a link, so it all works out I guess. If they do it again, maybe they should change the title to "National Plagiarist."