Thursday, April 20, 2006

D's Get Degrees

Today is my last day of law school classes ever. No more long and ultimately pointless assignments, no more listening to pedantic professors drone on about the minutiae of law, no more shoddy wireless connections. I’m done, and I couldn’t be more pleased.

Do you know what else pleases me? Most of my classmates have reached my level of apathy. It’s so thick you can taste it. Go up to a group of 1Ls and you’ll find the nervous energy that precedes any exam period, with the fear of failure hanging in the air. A group of 2Ls will be less nervous but still focused on the upcoming tasks. But get a group of 3Ls together and it almost becomes a contest to see who is the laziest.

Finally! I am starting to relate to these people. If only everyone had been like this all three years, maybe I’d have enjoyed my law school experience.