Thursday, November 17, 2005

More Law Nerd Stuff

I just posted about my intellectial laziness, and it reminded me of a conversation I was having with a reader the other day. She brought up a Federal judge, and I had to confess that I had no idea who it was. It's not that I wouldn't be unable to discuss the Federal judiciary if I wanted to; I could. But the thing is, I just don't care. I'm sorry. I just don't. Maybe I could name all the member of the Supreme Court...let's see, there is Scalia, Thomas, Ginsberg, Kennedy...umm...Souter (sp?)...Brennen or Brenner or something...um...Rehnquist is dead...the new guy, Mumbly Joe or whatever his name is...and O'Connor is gone...Oh well, I tried.

But anyway, I just had a great idea. I am going to make Federal Judge trading cards. This way all the law nerds can bring their love of law home with them. Can't you just see two law review EICs tearing open a pack of Federal Judiciary cards?

EIC #1: Awesome! I got a Danny Boggs, Chief Judge in the 6th Circuit. (Flips over card). Whoa, 22 dissenting opinions in 1998.

EIC #2: Who cares? I got a Rehnquist memorial card with a piece of his robe embedded in the card! This thing has got to be worth a ton!

EIC #1: Ooh, let me see!

EIC #2: No way, get your own!

EIC #1: I'm telling the law review advisor on you!