Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Norm and his Harajuku Girls

Our good friend Norm is getting married in January and I recently hosted a bachelor party for him. Norm is a fantastic guy who bears a striking resemblance in looks, girth, and personality to comedian, Kevin James. And it's just a little comical that this large blonde man is marrying a very sweet, very small woman of Japanese descent.

Anyways, I was talking with two women who were of Asian descent about restaurants to eat at for his bachelor party. They said, "Who's getting married?"

I said, "My good buddy. He looks and acts just like Kevin James from the King of Queens"

They were both like, "Oh my God. I love Kevin James!"

"Oooh, Isn't Kevin James married to a little Filipina woman?" said the first Asian woman

"I love him in Hitch," Said the second Asian woman. She then started to do the Q-tip dance from the movie.

I immediately told Norm this story and how taken it seemed that all Asian women were with him.

Norm seemed nonplussed, "What can I say? It's a sumo culture."