Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Online Law Schools

It has recently been brought to my attention that on-line law schools exist. This sounds pretty appealing; no Socratic method, no pretentious class mates, no locker. If Abraham Lincoln learned the law by candlelight alone, why can't I learn it in just the soft glow of my Dell Laptop?

There is one thing troubling about on-line law schools, though. How do these people get jobs? Career Services tells us that our two options for getting a job are OCI, which requires a campus, and networking, which requires meeting other people.

I wonder if they have some sort of online career services. It would probably be just as effective as regular career sevices. They probably use a chat room like the one below:


OnLine Law School: Room 7

2L_Cutie: Does anyone need to hire a lawyer? Press 77!

Law_Lover_808: Who likes Jessica Simpson???? Press 55!!!!

ScaliaRox21: n e hot textualist ladies wanna cyber? IM me

2L_Cutie: I'm in the top 10% of my virtual class. Does anyone want to hire me. I can telecommute from home. Press 77!

FeeSimpleAbsolut: any1 on virtual bar review? I am

Law_Lover_808: A/S/L?

2L_Cutie: I don't have to give my age or sex! That would violate the Equal Opportunity Act! I'm a serious e-student! I've even underlined all my e-briefs by pressing CTRL+U.

LaWsChOoLsUx: shutup fee, no1 cares. u probably wear business cas to sit n front of ur computer

2L_Cutie: LOL!

ScaliaRox21: n e hot textualist ladies wanna cyber? IM me

Law_Lover_808: 55 y o M hiring partner looking for love. Seeking F 18-30 for discreet times. Press 55 ;)

2L_Cutie: 55 ;)