Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Another One Bites The Dust

One time, Russ and I were in a bar and found ourselves quite amused by something we saw. There was a guy there, about our age, who kept going up to girls and each time would get shot down. Without fail, here is how it would play out:

1. The guy walks up to a girl.

2. The guy, who I guess was decent looking, would engage the girl in a short conversation.

3. The guy, who I guess was a jerk, would say something to piss her off and effectively end the conversation.

4. The guy would move onto the next girl, and repeat steps 1-3.

After getting shot down for the fifth time, he moved on to the next girl and Russ went to the bathroom. When he came back, he was on to the sixth girl, and Russ asked me what had happened. I looked at him and said, very quickly: "Steve walks warily down the street, with the brim pulled way down low".



(Note: People IMed me because they didn't get my Napoleon Dynamite reference in the last post. To save a barrage of IMs asking to explain this one, I'll fill you in: What I said was the first line to Queen's song 'Another One Bites the Dust'. I thought it was funny when I said it. You may or may not agree. But I cracked myself up when I said it. And that's all that really matters.)