Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Confessions of A Bad Law Student

I stopped taking notes in class because I realized that I never use them.

I have never made my own outline.

I am almost always either unprepared or underprepared for class.

I always use the maximum allowable absences.

I often miss more than that.

I have never had a grade adveresely affected due to this.

The only reason I attend on the first day of class is so I get a seat in the back row.

I always sit in the back row.

When a professor told me that she would be constantly calling on me, I told her that was fine, as long as she didn't mind being constantly disappointed.

If I spend more than an hour a day reading, something has gone horribly wrong.

In reality, I usually only spend a half-hour a day skimming my assignments.

Last year I went into my Corporate Tax exam with a shaky grasp of the basic concepts and a Gilberts. I got an A-.

My Individual Income Tax professor instituted an attendance policy because of me and my friend.

My Corporations professor told me to drop the class because I missed to many classes and would have a hard time with the exam. I told him I would take my chances. I got an A.

I have never briefed a case.

If you asked me to brief a case, I would have no idea what to do.

I declined a spot in the moot court competition because I am lazy.

People looked at me like I was crazy when I told them this.

I looked at them like they were crazy for wanting to be on moot court.

If my classmates knew how little work I put in for the class rank I have, they would hate me.

But here is the scariest thing of all:

Next year at this time, I will be representing clients.