Sunday, December 11, 2005

Reassurance From A Reader

At this stage of finals some of you may have some concerns about how you did or how you're going to. Hang in there, guys. A reader sent in her "through the looking glass" moment that I hope will cheer some of you up.

I'm a 2L which means I've stopped worrying about finals. My grades are mediocre on a good day and I've come to relish my mediocraty. It means I'm not a complete maniac that spends all my time studying. My first year, however, I was very freaked out. But luckily, a rather sage 2L gave me the following advice.

2L: "Why are you so stressed out"

me: "Because I need to get good grades"

2L: "Listen, my dad's an attorney and when I was a 1L and got shitty grades he sat me down and said 'son, even shitty attorneys make a lot of money'"

Ever since that pep talk, I've been a new woman.

If anyone else has any encouraging humorous words for this rough last week of finals, forward them to us and we may share.

(Mike's Response: While some shitty attorney's make a lot of money, shitty law students don't. Just remember, Legal Aid will start you off around $35k -- Unless you have your daddy to give you a job and continue the family tradition of being a shitty attorney.)