Saturday, January 07, 2006

All In The Family

My little brother attended high school at a boarding school. During his freshman year, I visited him and met his spastic 14 year old roommate. During the tour of the dorm room the roommate, for some reason, told me how his upper bunk would wobble alot when he was up there.

I gave the roommate a knowing look and said, "What are you doing up there, buddy?"

"Uhhhh. Nothing," said the embarassed roommate.

Then my little brother put his hand on the roommate's shoulder, looked him in the eye, and said in a dead pan tone, "Take it easy up there, Romeo."

A few years later, during his senior year, my brother and his friend figured out how to send emails to the entire campus from what appeared to be the Dean's office. They immediately sent an email from "the Dean" to everyone declaring that a Chinese dignitary would be arriving the next day and that everyone should wear a dress shirt and tie in honor of this historic visit.

The next day my brother put on a dress shirt and tie and went outside to see that the entire campus was in formal wear for the Chinese minister of education's (or whatever) perusal.

To celebrate his successful prank, he immediately ordered delivery from Szechwan Gardens and told a very confused deliveryman, "Gung Hoy Fat Choy! We are honored by your historic visit."