Tuesday, January 24, 2006

I Too Was Warned

When I was applying to law school, I was living in a major city, renting a room from a developer who was waiting for the permit to tear down the old house and build a luxury condo.

I told this developer, a very smooth good looking Irish immigrant, that I was going to be an attorney.

In his deep Irish brogue he told me, "Russell, yeh don't want teh be doin' that. I build luxury mansions and townhomes fer attorneys all the toim"

"Telling me that attorneys buy luxury mansions from you isn't exactly the most persuasive argument against being an attorney," I replied.

"Yeh, but the bloody husband is never home. So, I usually end up sleepin' with their wives."

"Oh," I replied, imagining this tool-belted Colin Farrell romancing my wife-to-be-named-later.

"If it's any consolation the wives were very attractive."

He couldn't have been more poignant if he had spoken in a limerick.