Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Off To A Fine Start

Conversation with my mom...

Mom: When do classes start?

Me: Today.

Mom: Oh, how did it go?

Me: I don't know, I wasn't there.

Mom: Why not?

Me: I'm a second-semester 3L, and the first day of classes is worthless. I don't have any books yet, and even if I did, I wouldn't have read them anyway. I am not going to go and take notes, and besides, all they do on the first day is pass out a syllabus, and talk about some pointless "history of the topic" of the class, which is never on the exam. And even if they did talk about something important (which they never do), it would be so basic that if I can't figure it out on my own, I wouldn't have made it to the second semester of my 3rd year to begin with.

Mom: That actually makes sense, I guess...