Wednesday, January 25, 2006

UPDATE

Since yesterday I talked about my affinity for updates, I thought I'd give you a few updates regarding recent posts:

Ike- Ike has fully recovered from his illness, and is back to normal (which means sleeping 18 hours a day). My parents have generously offered to pay his vet bills, which I gladly accepted.

Seating Chart Experiment- As you may recall, I have chosen to stay off of the seating chart in one of my classes with the hope that the professor will never call on me. Thus far, I have not been called on, although it is still very early in the game. But she obviously looks at the seating chart before calling on someone, so I am hopeful that my plan will work.

Loud Computer Fan- I received a great deal of advice from people about my fan, and I also heard from a lot of people with the same problem. The computer nerds' advice broke down to four different types: 1) Get a new computer; 2) The computer is too hot; 3) The fan is dirty; and 4) Buy a quieter fan. For me, (1) isn't an option, and I am too lazy to do (4). I think (2) is part of the problem, since I rarely turn my computer off, but (3) seemed to be the most helpful. I took my laptop apart and blew the dust out with one of those computer air cleaners. It helped, to a degree, but I think that at the end of the day, I just have a loud fan. It has almost become a point of pride for me. I rather enjoy it when the fan kicks on and the people in front of me turn around in unison to see if someone is starting a lawnmower.